International Missions Offering –
Goal for CABC – $2000 combined
as of December 15, 2019
Lottie Moon (SBC) = $312 Global (CBF) = $868
2019 Christmas Store Report:
Rosa helped at South Richmond/Oregon Hill – 80 families, 215 children
Church Hill Christian Wellness Center served
51 families, 100 children on December 7
12/5 – Lee and Nancy delivered CABC collection 12/6 – Lee, Nancy & Theresa Z. helped with set-up
Discussion of Missions Trips
Team leader Rosa challenged CABC team to plan our own special project or mission trip each year.
- Maristela shared that there has been interest expressed on trip to Israel. The best time to travel is May and airline tickets should be purchased in January.
- Puerto Rico – closer and does not require a passport If you have a special interest in one of these locations or wish to propose another, please see a member of the mission team early in 2020. Team members: Lee & Howard, Joy Minozzi, Theresa Zimmerman, Lynne Lilley, Rosa Coleman, Nancy King Mission Opportunities for Early 2020
• Homeless meal at Oregon Hill Baptist Center on January 23.
- Volunteer list is posted in main hall bulletin board.
- We will need to prepare chili/soup & grilled cheese for 100.
- If you cannot attend or cook ahead, please consider a cash donation to purchase fresh fruit, ingredients, etc.
• Eastern Henrico FISH Annual Bowling Tournament on February 29.
- Bowlers and sponsor/cheerleaders will be needed.
- Cost: $12/bowler includes 2 games and shoe rental.