Bon Secours Virginia Care-A-Van
Your Home for Good Health
A free medical service that provides general medical care to uninsured adults and children held at Carlisle Avenue Baptist Church.
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- School and sports physicals
- Treatment of chronic diseases
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Screenings and acute care of illness or minor injury
In 2019, the Care-A-Van will be at Carlisle Avenue Baptist Church on the following days:
What is the Care-A-Van?
- A mobile clinic
- Provide primary health care
- Treat patients who are UNINSURED
- We do not take Medicaid, Medicare, or Private Insurance.
- A medical home. We are a dependable way to care for your body, mind, and emotional well-being.
What services are available?
- We take care of your all-around well being
- Treat chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, and stable heart problems
- Provide screenings, immunizations, and acute care for illness or minor injury
- Provide school/sport physicals
- We coordinate your health care across all settings including times when you might need to see a specialist or go to the hospital.
What should I know before I visit?
- The clinic is “first come, first serve” allowing for same day service.
- Come early. Van arrives 30 minutes before registration begins.
- Bring ALL medication with you
- Bring immunization record
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
What are the other costs?
- Services performed outside of the Care-A-Van
- Medication from the pharmacy
- (Please call your pharmacy if requesting a prescription refill.)
- Care-A-Van staff will assist with connecting you to financial assistance programs
What else should I know?
- Take an active part in making decisions about your health care. We will support you and your family as you take steps to be your healthiest.
- As your medical home, we will help coordinate your care by storing your complete medical record history electronically.
- Let us know when you see other health care providers or have any tests so we can update your medical history. Providing your complete medical history enables us to provide better care.
- We have a dedicated team of medical providers on staff to provide evidence-based care and self-management support. At each visit, we will provide you with the option to select your preferred provider when available.
Communication with your Medical Home
- For questions related to Care-A-Van schedule and locations, please call: (804) 359-WELL (9355) or visit www.bonsecours.com and search: “Care-A-Van.”
- For all other questions, please call (804) 545-1920.
- Because we are mobile, please leave a message and we will return your call Monday through Friday within 24-48 hours.
- It at any point you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
- Interpreter services available in over 150 languages.